Masters Health Science (Psychotherapy), Grad Dip Psychosocial studies, Family Therapist, Cert DBT, Certified Supervisor, MRT group process, ACC accredited, EAP, PBANZ.
Locations : Parnell & Pakuranga, Auckland
Phone : 021 022 00949
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I offer short or long-term psychotherapy to adults, couples, young people (age 15 & up), families and other groups. I also offer Clinical Supervision for professionals and students.
Statement of purpose :My mission is to inspire people to embrace life with all its contradictions and equip them with the tools necessary to achieve success and build better relationships. I am passionate about helping people see situations as opportunities to grow and evolve, in order to experience all the good things life has to offer. I work alongside individuals to bring focus and clarification in identifying what steps to take in the process of transformation. My role is to support people to solve lifelong issues, achieve their goals, continue to develop their vision, increase life satisfaction, and gain success & happiness.
Experience : I have close to 10 years experience working in high-intensity clinical settings, involving individual and group therapy. I have a proven track record in providing effective treatment for a variety of different psychological and behavioural issues. My experience extends to working with people diagnosed with mental health issues, addiction & related problems, family breakdowns, relationship issues, trauma/PTSD, depression and anxiety and sexual abuse.
I have management experience and provide clinical and professional supervision for professionals from the mental health & addiction field and the medical field, including doctors, nurses, dentists and physiotherapists. I have also worked with business leaders including CEOs and other managers, supporting them to develop healthy and successful businesses.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Life transition and personal development
- Relationship issues including divorce and parenting through separation
- Adoption issues
- Grief and loss
- Trauma including veteran and combat PTSD
- Sexual abuse treatment
- Family therapy
- Men’s issues
- Professional Supervision and mental conditioning, including mindfulness
Treatment : I hold to the view that therapy shouldn’t necessarily be a gloomy process but a journey filled with exploration, discovery, hope and some fun along the way. My treatment style is relational and collaborative with humour and hope nestled in a psychodynamic framework combined with CBT, DBT, MRT, motivational interviewing, relaxation & breathing techniques, drawing therapy, games, letter writing, use of client’s own interests/hobbies and Trauma therapy.
- Masters in Health Science – Psychotherapy
- Graduate Diploma in Psychosocial studies
- Trained Family Therapist
- Certificate in DBT
- Certified Supervisor
- Trained in MRT group process
- ACC accredited sexual abuse Provider and Assessor
- EAP provider
- My fees are negotiated individually, starting from $140 for a 50-minute individual session and $160 for a 50-minute group or couple’s session.
- ACC – Sensitive Claims
- WINZ funding – available based on the individual’s income
- Discounted rates for counselling or psychotherapy students & Community Services Card holders.
Enquiries Welcome :
- Email : email@example.com
- Text or Phone: 021 022 00949
- I work from two sites – Parnell (Central Auckland) and Pakuranga (East Auckland)